Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe that is both delicious and healthy? Well, look no further than these air fryer salmon patties. This simple recipe takes only minutes to prepare and makes the perfect dinner or lunch!
They come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! Plus, they are a great way to use up leftovers from a grilled whole salmon.
Use a double-sided air fryer so you can cook your side dish and these salmon patties at the same time. Dinner is only a few minutes away!
Why This Recipe Works
- You can use fresh salmon or canned salmon
- A great way to use leftover salmon
- Healthier than deep fat frying
- Easy to prepare in advance
- Salmon. Cooked and flaked. You can use fresh or canned salmon.
- Eggs. Binds all of the ingredients together.
- Breadcrumbs. We used Panko but you can use regular breadcrumbs.
- Onion. Finely diced.
- Mayonaise. Adds moisture and richness to the salmon patties.
- Dried dill. If you can get your hands on some fresh dill, use that instead.
- Dijon mustard. Adds subtle flavor and helps with the binding.
- Worcestershire sauce. Adds that little something extra.
- Salt. Don’t forget the salt.
- Lemon. Both the zest and juice.
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- Remove any bones or skin and flake the salmon into small pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix them until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into balls. Press down to flatten into patties.
- Preheat the air fryer and coat the basket with cooking spray or use air fryer parchment paper.
- Place salmon patties in the air fryer as a single layer. Cook for five minutes on each side.
Serve as an appetizer or as a main meal along with some air fryer green beans and a side salad. You can also use them as an alternative to a burger patty and build up a legendary salmon burger!
Tips and Tricks
- If you use canned salmon, make sure you drain the liquid from the can.
- Leave space between each salmon patty so that the patties can crisp evenly on all sides.
- Prepare the salmon patties in advance. Cover and refrigerate them for up to two days before cooking. When you’re ready to cook the salmon cakes, throw them in the air fryer and continue with the steps outlined in the recipe.
- You can freeze the salmon patties before OR after you cook them.
- Serve with our citrus butter sauce for an elevated flavor that rivals high end restaurants.
- Use the salmon patties to make fish tacos!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this recipe works well with almost any flaky fish. Try it with leftover air fryer tilapia or rainbow trout.
If you start with dry, overcooked salmon then the salmon patties may be dry. You can solve that problem by adding a bit more mayonnaise to the mixture.
Panko is a Japanese breadcrumb. It is light, airy, and much crispier than traditional breadcrumbs. It has the added advantage of not getting soggy when baked or fried.
This simple recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner, and it is an excellent alternative to deep fat frying. The patties come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! Plus, they are a great way to use up leftovers.
Whether you use canned or freshly cooked salmon for this dish – it’s super easy either way. It takes only minutes to prepare and makes an excellent meal that your family will love.
Tools and Equipment
If you click on some of the following affiliate links and buy something, we might get a small commission. You don’t pay any extra, but it will help us keep the lights on and our bellies full!
This Ninja Foodie XL dual air fryer is my absolute favorite air fryer! I am able to cook two different foods at the same time, at different temperatures! I have a small kitchen, so being able to have a single appliance to handle the workload of two air fryers is amazing!
Make life simple and grab some air fryer parchment paper sheets. This makes cleanup a breze!
Spiceology has some incredible seasonings and rubs. I love to browse their site for amazing flavors that I can use for inspriation in my recipes.
CONNECT WITH A LICENSE TO GRILL!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts.
Did you make this recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Tell me what you think!
Did you try out this recipe? Please leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it. Also, snap a picture and post it to your favorite social platform. Be sure to tag me at @alicensetogrill and let me know how you liked it!
- 14 ounces cooked salmon, about 2 cups flaked (or canned salmon)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- If you are using canned salmon, drain it well.
- Remove any bones and skin from the salmon and flake it up with a fork.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to scoop balls of the mixture. Form the balls into patties by pressing them flat.
- Heat the air fryer to 400°F and spray the bottom of the basket with oil. You can use air fryer parchment paper to make cleanup easy.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 453mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.