Sometimes, you need a quick and simple solution to dinner, and this air fryer broccoli with parmesan and lemon is the perfect side dish! It can be tough to think of a delicious way to get vegetables on the plate and I am here to tell you that the air fryer can be your best friend! This broccoli comes out incredible. It is crispy and tender. Nobody likes soggy broccoli, so ditch that sauté pan and grab your air fryer!
Why this recipe works
This air fryer broccoli is a great accompaniment to some of my favorite dishes. Try it along with this crunchy and juicy air fryer tilapia or this super tender Traeger bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin for the perfect meal!
You could have soggy broccoli, but where is the fun and excitement in that!? The air fryer does a killer job at making the buds on the broccoli crown ever so slightly crispy while still allowing the stem to be tender.
Don’t settle for flavorless broccoli. The lemon adds a great citrus tang and you really can’t go wrong with adding some sharp parmesan cheese on top. It is such a simple yet delicious addition to your meal!
Can you cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer?
Heck yes, you can! Sometimes I do not plan ahead well enough to have fresh veggies in the fridge. At this current time, I have been spending more time at home and less time shopping for fresh produce. Like most people right now, you probably have a ton of frozen vegetables in the freezer and an air fryer ready to go to work. So why not use them!?
To cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer you want to first defrost them. Spray your basket with non-stick spray (I use avocado oil) and place your frozen broccoli in the air fryer basket. Cook the broccoli for 5 minutes at 400°F until they are no longer frozen. Then drizzle the broccoli with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook for another 7-10 minutes. The final touch is a graceful scattering of parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice on top of the plated broccoli.
Essential ingredients to make best air fryer broccoli
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Can you steam broccoli in the air fryer?
If you prefer the texture of steamed broccoli and don’t want a crispy crunch, then you can actually steam broccoli in the air fryer. Just add some water to the bottom of the basket before cooking your broccoli. The water will evaporate into steam and keep the broccoli moist while cooking.
For steamed broccoli, simply modify this recipe by adding 2 tablespoons of water to the basket and cook at 400F for 7-10 minutes. Voila, air fryer steamed broccoli with parmesan and lemon!
What are some other tasty recipes?
This honey mustard sauce is delicious and actually goes very well with this broccoli. Try tossing the broccoli in this sauce for a unique spin and a pumped-up flavor!
Tell me what you think!
Did you try out this recipe? Please give it a 5-star review! Also, snap a picture of it and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #alicensetogrill.
CONNECT WITH A LICENSE TO GRILL!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below!
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds broccoli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 2 to 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cut the broccoli into florets and toss into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400°F for 7 to 10 minutes until slightly brown and crisp on the edges. Toss the broccoli halfway through the cooking time.
- Transfer the broccoli to a serving plate, top with lemon zest, lemon juice, and parmesan. Serve while hot.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you have a smaller air fryer then cook half the broccoli at a time.
- You can use frozen broccoli but it won't get as crisp. You will need to add 1 to 2 minutes of cooking time for frozen broccoli.
- Different models of air fryers will cook at different rates. You may need to adjust the cook time for your individual air fryer.
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 2mgSodium 445mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 8gSugar 11gProtein 7g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.