This Blackstone chicken fried rice recipe is better than any take-out! It is delicious and incredibly easy to throw together. Plus, you will have an excuse to fire up the flat top. Chop, dice, flip, and toss the ingredients together over a ripping hot Blackstone griddle until you turn out a perfect chicken fried rice. Dinner will be ready in about 30 minutes.
The best thing about this recipe is that it is a breeze to make! Use day-old rice, and when it comes time to cook, you can use your large Blackstone flat top to cook the chicken fried rice in one go. No need to dirty multiple pans and dishes. Use the entire space on the griddle to keep everything warm throughout the entire cook. You are going to want to add this recipe to your rotation!
Here Is Why You Will Love This
Who doesn’t love fried rice!? It is the ultimate comfort food and is super versatile. You can add almost anything to fried rice in order to put your own spin on it. This recipe for Blackstone chicken fried rice is:
- Quick and easy
- Incredibly versatile
- Packed with flavor
- Make a large batch and freeze for future meals
- Rice is cooked to a slight crisp
- Perfect combination of vegetables and meat
- Vegetables (frozen or fresh)
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Mirin (or Shaoxing wine)
- Toasted sesame oil
- Green onions
- White pepper
- Butter (optional)
How to Make Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
- Add the bacon and onions to the Blackstone griddle. Cook until the onions are translucent and the bacon is beginning to carmelize.
- Throw the veggies on the Blackstone along with the onions and bacon. If you are using frozen vegetables, cook them until they are completely thawed and all of the water has evaporated. If you are using fresh vegetables, cook them until they are tender. Once the vegetables are fully cooked, slide the mixture to the cooler side of the Blackstone and save it for later.
- Place the cooked rice on the hot side of the Blackstone and pour the rice sauce over it. Mix the rice thoroughly so that it is evenly coated with the sauce. Ensure that the griddle is sufficiently oiled so that it gets crispy. Add more oil if needed. Once the rice is well coated with sauce, spread it thin and even across the hot side of the griddle and allow the rice to crisp. Once it has reached your desired level of crispiness, slide it to the cooler side of the Blackstone with the veggies mixture.
- Pour the scrambled eggs onto the hot side of the Blackstone and stir until the eggs are fully cooked. Slide the eggs over to the cooler side of the griddle once they are done cooking.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the Blackstone and cook until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Mix all of the cooked ingredients together. Mix it thoroughly and serve while it is hot.
Tips for the Perfect Fried Rice
- Spread the rice out in a thin layer while cooking. Chicken fried rice should have a bit of crunch to it and the Blackstone will work wonders in achieving that perfect texture. Use the entire griddle surface and a healthy serving of cooking oil to help you achieve a uniform crisp to the rice.
- Cook the meat last! If you cook your meat too early, it may overcook while it is sitting on the cooler side of the Blackstone.
- Taste test the rice after adding the sauce. Fried rice sauce has a lot of salt and, depending on the ingredients, it can be very sweet. After mixing some of the saue into the rice, be sure to taste it and adjust the amount of rice sauce as you go.
What to Serve with Chicken Fried Rice
This Blackstone chicken fried rice can be a meal all on its own. However, if you want to turn it into a feast, try serving it alongside some of these dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! I love this Blackstone chicken fried recipe because it makes a huge batch. Enough for dinner tonight and to have leftovers for meals in the future. I will usually end up freezing about half of the recipe. When it is time to reheat it, you can let it thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat on the Blackstone until the desired level of crispiness is reached, or you can heat it up in the microwave for 4-5 minutes for a quick dinner.
If you don’t have time to let it thaw, you can defrost it in the microwave, or you can toss the frozen chicken fried rice on the Blackstone and cook it until the rice has defrosted and all the water has evaporated. Continue to cook it until the rice has a slight crunch to it.
You can use any meat, really. Get creative and use leftover brisket or turkey. You can use bite-size pieces of chicken, pork, or steak. Throw in shrimp or ground beef. Or go crazy and make a combo fried rice with several different types of meat. There are no rules here!
Of course! You can go the traditional route and use tofu. Use extra-firm tofu so that it gets a crisp exterior while cooking. It will also hold up better in the fried rice and won’t mush together with the other ingredients.
You can also use a meat substitute like Beyond Meat or Impossible Burger.
Fried rice sauce is straightforward but essential to a good chicken fried rice: mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin or Shaoxing wine, sugar, and toasted sesame oil. If you cannot find Shaoxing wine, you can use mirin. The flavor is slightly different, and mirin is a bit sweeter, so you may have to cut the sugar. You can also add a touch of fish sauce. Regardless, ensure you constantly taste the rice sauce and adjust it as needed to not have an overly salty or sweet sauce for your rice.
Tools and Equipment
If you click on some of the following affiliate links and buy something, we might get a small commission. You don’t pay any extra, but it will help us keep the lights on and our bellies full!
CONNECT WITH A LICENSE TO GRILL!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts.
Did you make this recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Tell Me What You Think!
Did you try out this recipe? Please leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it. Also, snap a picture and post it to your favorite social platform. Be sure to tag me at @alicensetogrill and let me know how you liked it!
Fried Rice Sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin or Shaoxing wine
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the Fried Rice
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups diced veggies, frozen or fresh*
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cups cooked, cold rice
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 chicken breast, chopped (or 2 boneless thighs)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 6 fried eggs to serve over the fried rice
- Heat the Blackston griddle. One side should be medium-high heat, and the other should be low-medium.
- Prepare the fried rice sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the chopped chicken into a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of the rice sauce to the chicken and mix well. Set the rest of the fried rice sauce to the side and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 10 minutes while preparing the fried rice.
- Place the strips of bacon on the hot side griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes. Cut the bacon into bite-size pieces and add the diced onions. Allow the bacon and onions to cook together until the bacon is cooked and the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetables, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes. If you start with frozen vegetables, cook them until the water completely evaporates. Then, push the vegetable and bacon mixture over to the cooler side of the griddle.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the hot side of the Blackstone griddle and add the rice. Toss the rice to coat it in the oil. Add the rest of the fried rice sauce to the rice and mix it well to ensure the rice is evenly coated in the fried rice sauce.
- Spread the rice out in a thin layer on the griddle and let it cook for 5-10 minutes. The longer it cooks undisturbed, the crispier the rice will get. Once the rice has reached your desired level of crispiness, push it over to the cooler side of the griddle with the vegetable mixture and reserve it for later.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the hot side of the Blackstone griddle and pour on the scrambled eggs and stir them until fully cooked. Push the cooked eggs over to the cooler side of the griddle.
- Pour a drizzle of oil on the hot side of the griddle and add the chopped chicken. Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink.
- Slide the rice, vegetables, and eggs from the cooler side of the Blackstone towards the chicken and mix to combine the ingredients. Stir in the green onions and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the fried rice to plates and top it with an optional fried egg. Serve and enjoy!
- Pour the rice sauce over the rice in increments so that you can taste-test the flavor along the way. Adjust the amount of sauce as you go so that you don't overpower the rice.
- Spread the rice out in a thin layer on the Blackstone. Be sure to use plenty of oil or butter. This will help you to achieve that perfect crispy texture to the rice.
- Cook the meat last. If you cook the meat too early, it could overcook while preparing the rest of the fried rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 574Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 318mgSodium: 1367mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 25g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.